Tuesday, 27 July 2021

Dilemas

Dilemmas 

The country is in chaos. The lifting of all restrictions in the face of a rising case load has caused shortages due to mass isolation , the dreaded "pingdemic" and created as much conflict and confusion as it has freedom.

Thankfully as I write the steep rise in infections has stopped, for how long who knows. We are all on our own now finding our way through the mess our Government has dumped us in.

Everyone is making different decisions according to circumstance. Me, I m staying outside with friends , avoiding anything inside, but doing whatever I want with my family. I want to cherish this summer with my beloved granddaughters. 



My family members have all made alternative choices as their lifestyles dictate. Those with children have embraced the out of school time, those at work are now back at work, with all the interactions that involved. And all deserve a social life!

My social life is walking with friends on the cliffs and countryside. I have meet friends in pubs for lunch, outside, and coffee, outside. I have been to houses for lunch, outside.

Only with family do i stop looking over my shoulder because this is why I m being so careful with everyone else. Yes, logically, they could well give me covid but it is not covid which worries me, it is the thought of isolating and seeing our precious summer time vanishing. So much lost time already and I cannot bear to miss any more. 

My diary is criss crossed with a messy but full schedule devised to allow me to optimise time with family across the country.

Please Gods give me these summer weeks to enjoy before the empty weeks of winter when the schools return and my diary is blank. Please Gods keep us infection free and healthy for our time together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the end?

  Is this the end? England is officially free. Not of Covid, as yet, but finally of the interminable legal restrictions imposed on our lives...